1. Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 7, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on March 25, 2019.
2. Eligibility. The Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia, who are (a) at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older) and (b) who are registered members of the AMC Stubs® Program, as of the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. territories and possessions, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“AMC”), Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (“Sponsor”), LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc. (“Administrator”) or any of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live), are not eligible to enter or win.
During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of [one (1)] entry [per day] per person, regardless of the entry method:
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor, or its designee.
All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor [or Sweepstakes Administrator] to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor [and/or Sweepstakes Administrator] shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same.
4. Winner Selection. On or about March 28, 2019, Administrator will randomly select one (1) entry, from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period, as the potential winner of the below defined prize (the “Grand Prize”). Decisions of the Administrator will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Grand Prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Administrator may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing (time permitting).
5. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
6. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”).
One (1) Grand Prize is available.
Grand Prize winner will receive a 4-day/3-night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Los Angeles, CA, two (2) tickets to a taping of The Ellen Show (“Show”), two (2) tickets for the Warner Bros. studio tour and $250 spending money. There is no retail value associated with the Show taping portion of the Grand Prize and exact seat location is at Sponsor’s sole choosing.
The Grand Prize also includes: round-trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from an airport near winner’s residence (as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA, three (3) nights’ hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy) at a hotel in the Los Angeles area hotel (determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor); roundtrip ground transportation between the Los Angeles area airport and hotel, as well as between the hotel and the Show; and. ARV: $3,488.00.
Grand Prize trip must be completed between August 2019 and May 2020. Grand Prize winner must provide Sponsor with three (3) possible travel dates with at least six (6) weeks advance notice prior to the earliest potential date of departure; however, Sponsor’s decision as to actual travel dates is final and binding. Once travel is booked, travel dates cannot be changed unless by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If winner is unable to travel once the travel dates are booked, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event the Grand Prize Winner is able to participate in the Grand Prize trip but the Show taping does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to cancellations, postponement, location changes, security considerations, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of the prize in full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligations hereunder and with no further obligation to the winner.
Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to meals; flight/travel insurance; room service; laundry service; spa treatments; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; tips and gratuities; activities and any other ground transportation not expressly included in the prize description above, luggage fees; additional taxes which are not expressly included in the prize trip and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and guest are solely responsible for any travel documentation and related requirements and for determining applicable procedures and restrictions. The Grand Prize winner may be required to present a valid photo ID and/or credit card at the airport and at the hotel at the time of check-in. Winner and guest must provide own transportation to and from departure airport. If winner’s residence is within 150 miles of Los Angeles, CA, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, alternate transportation will be provided in lieu of air travel and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded; and, under no circumstances will winner receive the difference between ARV and actual final value of Grand Prize trip in cash. Show tickets are non-transferable, non-assignable, may not be used for any trade or promotional purposes, and have no retail value. Notwithstanding any other term or condition contained herein, Sponsor makes no guarantee that Show will not for any reason be cancelled or postponed, and Sponsor shall have no liability related thereto, financial or otherwise.
IIf winner travels alone, prize will be awarded in increments only for actual number of travelers; i.e., the winner only. But, the winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation in conjunction therewith.
Winner is not entitled to exchange, substitute or transfer prize or portions thereof except with Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary. Winner and guest assume the risk of any inherent or unforeseen dangers associated with travel. All air transportation tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses or missed prize elements resulting from flight cancellation/delay. ARV may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and flare fluctuations. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Theme park attractions and entertainment are seasonal and subject to change without notice. Certain restrictions and block-out dates may apply. If for any reason announced prize (or prize component) becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
All federal, state and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of his/her prize.
Grand Prize winner’s guest will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to ticketing. If guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must complete the paperwork on his/her behalf. The winner’s guest must be at least fourteen (14) years of age. Grand Prize winner and/or his/her guest must follow all instructions of Sponsor and its designees relative to the Grand Prize trip. Such instructions may include but are not limited to requirements regarding acceptable attire for winner and guest. Should the Grand Prize winner and/or his/her guest fail to adhere to any such instructions or engage in unruly, illegal, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion), Sponsor and its designees reserve the right, without further notice or warning, to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize winner and/or winner’s guest home and/or take other actions as Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion without any liability or other obligation to winner or guest. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the live taping portion of the Grand Prize. Show may also have Grand Prize winner and his or her guest sign a separate liability and publicity release, and will be subject to Show’s security procedures and any other applicable policies. Show reserves the right to suspend or cancel the participation of any winner or guest due to non-compliance with any security procedure or inappropriate behavior or misconduct.
7. Claiming the Prize. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail on or about March 28, 2019 by email and will be required to sign and return within three (3) business days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Indemnification, W-9, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law (collectively, “Winner Documents”). Among other rights, and without limitation of Section 11 below, by signing the Winner Documents, Winner shall grant Releasees (as defined in Section 11) the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness and biographical information for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. If potential winner does not reply to such notification within three (3) business days, a notification is undeliverable after up to three (3) attempts and/or the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor discretion, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries received. If for any reason the Grand Prize is not claimed or if a Winner is disqualified, Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner, also selected at random from all remaining eligible entries. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable e-mail address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
8. General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any winner or Prize. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
9. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California or an appropriate California State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
10. Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless the Promotion Entities, persons involved in the production of The Ellen Show television show (including cast, participants and crew), their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
12. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 160, Burbank, CA 91522.
13. Administrator. This Sweepstakes is administered by LeadDog Marketing Group Inc., 440 Ninth Ave., 17th Fl, New York, NY 10001.
14. Winner’s List. To obtain the name of the Sweepstakes winner, mail a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase Sweepstakes Winner”, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 Ninth Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001, no later than 4/30/18.